Tabled papers and reports

The Legislative Assembly Tabled Papers Register is an electronic database which is used to record all papers tabled in the Legislative Assembly. This database only displays the reports and other Papers which are tabled in the House. Documents such as messages between the Houses or the Governor, statutory instruments, petitions, and Bills are not included unless they become Parliamentary Papers.

Our aim is to register documents on this database within 24 hours of their tabling in the Legislative Assembly.

Tabled papers database

* Current Parliament only

See also Petitions with 500 or more Signatories and Search Tabled PapersSearch Tabled Papers.

What is a Session?

A session is a defined period of a Parliament of varying length and number of sitting days. A session begins when the Governor issues a proclamation summoning Parliament and ends when the Governor issues a proclamation proroguing the Parliament or when the Assembly is dissolved (see s 10 of the Constitution Act 1901). It should be noted that sessions can be as short as one day, or as long as the Parliament runs, there is no set time period.

What does Ordered to be Printed mean?

This is how a tabled paper becomes a Parliamentary Paper. Parliamentary Papers are those papers tabled that one or both Houses of Parliament think are so important that they should be kept in the historical record known as "The Joint Volumes of Parliamentary Papers", which are bound by the Parliament and kept as historical records both here, at the State Library of NSW and other libraries. In the 19th and 20th centuries, when either house ordered a paper to be printed, the paper in question was sent to the Government Printer for printing. With the advent of photocopies and desktop publishing, this no longer occurs, but the term is still used as it is the mechanism for making a tabled paper into a Parliamentary Paper.

How do I get a copy of a tabled paper?

Unless the tabled document is something produced by the Parliament (e.g. a report of a NSW Parliamentary Committee) you will need to contact the Department/Authority who produced the report. If the report is that of a NSW Parliamentary Committee, contact the relevant Committee's Secretariat.