Public and community programs
The Parliamentary Education Section offers a range of public programs
All activities take place at Parliament House, Macquarie Street, Sydney, unless otherwise indicated. Additional information on some public programs can be found under Events at Parliament House
on the Parliamentary website.
Information on individual programs is provided below but for booking or other information please contact the Education Section on: email@example.com or phone: 02 9230 2047, or fax: 02 9230 3033.
Free weekly lunchtime tours of Parliament.
Conducted every Monday at 1.15pm. Meet at the Legislative Assembly front desk. NO BOOKINGS REQUIRED
- A Little Night Sitting Program
Tour this heritage building and learn more about its history, meet some Members, view the Legislative Council and Legislative Assembly Chambers in session and explore how the
10 May 2016, 4.30pm - 6.30pm
- bookings essential: phone 9230 2047
- Family Fun Day - Parliament House Open Day - Friday 7 October - 10.00 am - 3.00 pm
Parliament House will open its doors to the public for a very special 'Open House Family Day'. From 10.00am to 3.00pm, visitors, families, friends, all are welcome to come in an
experience Parliament through a range of free family-friendly fun activities such as children's trail, craft, mystery object guessing competition, roving historical characters. Visit the
Legislative Chambers, media room. Sausage sizzle (minimum charge).
No bookings required – just come along!
- Australia Day – Parliament House opens to the public from 10.00 am to 5.00 pm on Australia Day (26 January) as part of the Macquarie Street celebrations. Free entry.
- Special tours can be arranged for community and professional groups, including seminars and visits on request for government agencies. Contact the Section to discuss programs which can be tailored to fit the organisation's needs.