The Chamber

NSW Parliament House is the oldest public building in continual use in Australia, the historic northern wing of Governor Macquarie’s “Rum Hospital” which now forms the front colonnaded section of Parliament House having been completed in 1816. The Legislative Council has met within the parliamentary precinct since 1828 and the current Chamber has been in use since 1856.